Skip to content

‘Zine scene

June 19, 2013

When I came back from the US, two beautiful packages were waiting for me. (The world is shrinking…)

DSC04866

First were two ‘zines by Joanna Tagada, a French artist, based in Berlin. She shares paintings, drawings, sewing, photographs and poems. The mood is subtle, graceful and deep. She takes us on a tour of her private studio, through photos recording a place that no longer exists. I love the idea of permanently recording a temporary space, so romantic. What are your creative spaces, now or in the past?

DSC04873

DSC04882

DSC04877

DSC04879

DSC04880

DSC04881

The other ‘zine, The Way Home by Sewon, is about her move to and from New York City this last year. It makes me think about the moving process–the moves I’ve made and plan to make… It reminds me so much of my friend Katie, who will be moving to New York soon.

fragments

DSC04883

DSC04884

DSC04888

I feel like a gallery exhibit was delivered to me in the mail… I think I’m officially addicted. I’m so fascinated now by alternative publishing. Doesn’t it make you want to create your own ‘zine? What would yours look like?

Advertisements
9 Comments leave one →
  1. June 19, 2013 1:32 pm

2. June 19, 2013 5:36 pm

What gorgeous ‘zines. They really are inspiring!

3. Klu permalink
    June 19, 2013 9:40 pm

i’m thinking about moving all the time, too! hola from madrid โ€“ย having a lovely trip, but it’s been hard not to worry about future changes. maybe i should flip through that zine to be inspired!

• June 21, 2013 7:57 am

hola to madrid!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ so glad you are having a great tripp… can’t wait to hear more about it!
      so normal to worry about future changes– but you are gonna do great and everything will work out in time… you conquered the dissertation and wedding and job hunt wioth flying colors! take time to congratulate yourself on all that you accomplished… โค

4. June 20, 2013 5:34 am

I had never heard of a zine before. And, Katie, didn’t realize you are moving to NY! Apparently, I live under a rock… I would be so lost without this blog!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I downloaded vine (looks like zine) the other day, so I’m not totally clueless ๐Ÿ˜‰

The pictures are beautiful, so many creative ideas… Kathryn, what would your zine look like?

• June 21, 2013 7:55 am

oh I SO want to make my own zine!! i need to take a lot more photos to figure out what i would want to put… I am not sure what my theme would be! maybe this is like “a blog in search of being a zine” haha

5. September 21, 2014 10:10 am

Superb site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed
    in this article? I’d really like to be a part of community where I
    can get feed-back from other knowledgeable individuals that share
    the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Cheers!

6. September 28, 2014 6:19 pm

I really like reading through a post that can make
    people think. Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!

Trackbacks

1. Colletion #3 | pilgrimography

Comments welcomed

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s