Skip to content

Learning Lj

October 11, 2012

One of the most important aspects of my rather ill-advised foray into tv talk show hosting (more on this later) was the chance I had to work on my Bosnian pronunciation… with varying degrees of success.

Can you say the letter “LJ”??

Advertisements
11 Comments leave one →
  1. October 11, 2012 9:44 pm

I feel like there isn’t enough feedback! The video is mostly you trying over and over again, and we hardly hear any correct pronunciations. Trying again isn’t going to help without hearing more modeling and knowing exactly what’s different between your speech and hers! says the speech pathologist in me…

• October 12, 2012 7:19 pm

hahaha! I love getting the expert perspective!!! to be fair, she probably repeated herself more times but I edited it out to make the video shorter… (in Bosnian, the phrase for “occupational hazard” is “professional deformation”… I was really deformed here– a tv presenter with a speech impediment!! hahahaha! ;))

2. October 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I know I’m biased, but I’m all for speech modification that comes from more than listening and trying to imitate– you also need a conversation about tongue/teeth/lip placement and airflow, and where the vowels are placed inside your mouth. In short, I don’t think it’s your fault you couldn’t get the “lj” 🙂

• October 13, 2012 9:43 am

WAIT– does this mean that you could teach me how to say LJ?? I still can’t say it!!!

3. October 13, 2012 11:48 pm

i could only teach you if i knew how to say it myself or had a clue to what it’s supposed to sound like! 😉

4. eldinsmille permalink
    October 24, 2012 10:38 am

I can say LJ LJ LJ LJ LJ LJ!

Trackbacks

1. Imaginary Urban Spaces « pilgrimography
  2. Blogged in translation | pilgrimography
  3. 6 things I learned in 6 months of blogging | pilgrimography
  4. Working for free | pilgrimography
  5. Why you need a mentor (or five) | pilgrimography

Comments welcomed

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s